Shortly after the visit of King Edward VIII in 1936, (insert link) a Griffithstown railway employee, Miss Florence M Winsor, suggested to the authorities that one of the Grange series of locomotives being built in Swindon should be named after Llanfrechfa Grange. Her suggestion was accepted and loco number 6827 bore the name.
From The Great Western Archive
6800 ‘Grange’ class
6827 Llanfrechfa Grange. Built February 1937. First shed allocation Truro. August 1950 and March 1959 shed allocations Bristol, St. Philip’s Marsh. May 1965 and last shed allocation Wolverhampton Oxley. Withdrawn September 1965. Scrapped at Bird’s, Long Marston.
No members of the ‘Grange’ class were saved for preservation.